Children can become entangled in window blind cords, which can quickly lead to strangulation and even death.
Strangulation can occur when a child:
- sticks his head in the cord loop;
- wraps a long cord around his neck;
- pulls out the inner cords, causing a strangulation hazard.
You can reduce the risk of serious injury by…
- Never place a crib, bed, playpen or furniture that children can climb near a window where a child could reach a cord.
- Securely attach to the wall voltage devices supplied with window coverings to prevent children from wrapping a cord around the neck.
- Install the wall hook or fastener at a height that will keep the lift cords out of reach of children.
- Observe the manufacturer’s instructions and read all warnings.
Spring Roller Shades ARE Child Safe!
Spring Roller Shades
The Spring Roller Shade is the safest type of window covering on the market because it doesn’t use cords for anything. The fabric is wrapped around a hollow aluminum tube that covers a coiled spring. On one end of the coiled spring there is a sprocket with a pin that holds the tension. On the opposite end is a free turning flat pin that mounts into the bracket.
To operate the shade all you do is give a gentle tug on the hem bar and hold it until you reach the desired position – then release. There’s no small parts to choke on, no cords and so if you’re looking for a 100% child-safe window covering the spring roller shade is it.